Participating in the Executive Education Academy at Rice University will be the most beneficial nine months of your career.
The Leadership Partners Executive Education Academy helps improve schools by offering campus and district leaders cutting-edge tools and strategies not found in traditional preparation programs nor in professional development offerings.
Research indicates principal preparation has remained static for decades and does not prepare leaders well enough to face the daunting and complex problems in K-12 schools. New 2021 Wallace Foundation research also indicates the deep importance in investing in leadership development.
That’s why Leadership Partners, in partnership with the Rice University Jones Graduate School of Business, provides a unique and cutting-edge professional development academy that focuses on the “whole leader”. Go here to see our full Theory of Action Developing the Whole Leader.
Rice Professors and National Faculty: Receive instruction from national premier professors from Rice and other universities.
Personalized Coaching: Benefit from six sessions of personalized Executive Coaching that occurs during the duration of the Academy
Cohort Groups: We deliberately network participants to connect leaders through the creation of cohort groups, where leaders can learn with and from each other during our programming.
Named Top 10 leadership development and training by HRTech: The Academy earned this designation because we take a holistic approach to focus on the “whole leader.” We go beyond “what is leadership” to provide the tools for “how” to daily execute leadership.
The Timeframe: The Leadership Partners Academy is a nine-month program for campus and district leaders, taking place at Rice University one or two days a month from October 2021-April 2022. This program culminates with our four-day June 2022 Leadership Summit at Rice University.
The Credits You Deserve: Participants earn CPEs and a Business Certificate from Rice University’s prestigious Jones Graduate School of Business.
Who Should Attend?
- District leaders – superintendents, deputy superintendents associate superintendents, assistant superintendents, executive directors, directors, coordinators
- Campus Leaders – principals
- Junior leaders – associate/assistant principals, deans, instructional coaches
- Aspiring leaders – teacher leaders who aspire to lead at higher levels
Whether you are “building the bench” or providing professional development for veteran leaders, our academy is for you.
Academy Content Outline (Held at Rice University)
- Five days of programming with Rice Professors (Face to Face)
- Five days of programming with Leadership Partners (Face to Face), education leaders who have walked in your shoes
- Six rounds of personalized Executive Coaching with a highly credentialed, board-certified executive coach (On-going October through April)
- Four days of Leadership Summit with our National Faculty (Face to Face; June 20-23, 2022)
Academy ContentRice Professors provide this instruction:
- Leading Teams
- Leading Self
- Communication Strategies for School Leaders
- Marketing Strategies for School Leaders
- Reflective Leadership
- Change Management
- Knowing and Telling Your Story
- Leading in Crisis/Team Trust
- Problem Solving/Appreciative Inquiry
- Four Paths of Influence Surveys and Campus Reports
October 2021-April 2022: One or two days above (depending on your cohort) a month to cover Rice and Leadership Partners curriculum
Executive Coaching: Begins in June or October 2021 and continues throughout the fall and early spring. There are six personalized coaching sessions for each participant, and a 360 Leadership Assessment and a 360 debrief.
The Summit: The Academy culminates with the Leadership Summit at Rice University, June 20-23, 2022
Out of town participants will receive a discounted room rate with our partner hotel, the Houston Marriott Medical Center. Learn more here .
- Learn about the five core competencies that are the underpinning of the Academy’s programming.
- See what past participants say about their Academy experience.
- Learn about fees, the tools participants receive, and other Academy benefits.